The Naming Project is a faith-based youth group serving youth of all sexual and gender identities. The primary focus is to provide a place for youth who are gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, queer, questioning or allied to learn, grow, and share their experiences. In this way The Naming Project is a space in which youth can comfortably discuss faith and who they understand themselves to be--whether gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender...or straight.
The Naming Project is based in Minneapolis, Minnesota. However, The Naming Project reaches out to youth across the United States through its programs. Likewise, The Naming Project is positioned within the Christian faith, but attempts to walk with youth wherever their faith may be at a particular time.
- Outings to Worship and Fellowship Experiences
- E-mail check-ins and resources for youth and parents
- Workshops and conversations for youth in schools, communities, and churches
- Workshops for youth workers, parents, and congregations
- A five-day summer camp for youth